Monday, October 1, 2012

21 and loving it

Yes the rumors are true... I'm officially 21!!! wooo:)
don't worry everyone I haven't done anything crazy to celebrate!. I've been too busy with school (my dad would be so proud if he read that)
But i did have the best day- well more like the best weekend- apparently I can celebrate my birthday as long as I keep on having parties:)
On Saturday (22nd) I drove to I.F with Shay and my brother Jeff, to spend the afternoon with my mom, sister, Whitney, and her new little baby girl RUBY:) I was in HEAVEN!!! That sweet little thing loves you no matter how bad your hair looks that day, or how nasty your breath smells. (but she cries if you kiss her cheeks too much) I felt so blessed to get to spend time with them... no interruptions. My sister and mom are always so interested in my latest dating life, school, and friends. I always feel like I dump on them... but at the end of the day I'm happier than ever. They are so great. I'm so blessed to have so many great people in my life to look up to.
Saturday night my lovely roommate/adopted sister/best friend ShayNiel threw me a birthday bash. She invited everyone we had talked to since we'd moved up to college. She is the BEST:) Even though a few people bailed on the party, and NO ONE showed up til 9:30 (the party started at 8... mormon standard time took on a whole new meeting that night;) But after people started to show up the party was bumpin' and I felt like the coolest girl on the street. Friends from all over came to see me!... some live across campus from us... and some live an hour and a half away!! I'm so lucky to have such good friends. I even got a surprise visit from a few friends who live in provo. The night ended well and I didn't feel like my birthday could get any better...
BUT... it did:) Spending my birthday (Sunday, the 23rd) with my family was EVERYTHING I needed. I can't explain the feeling I get when I walk in my house and see my mom's smiling face. She's always cooking something yummy! My sister came with my two nephews, max and abe. As well as little fanny pants:) (annie) her other kids (conner and logan- her husband) were home sick My dad came home from meetings with a big hug waiting for me:) My grandma even showed up! and my friend Chloe came for a bit too. The party was complete with old family videos, grilled pizza, presents, and pumpkin pie. I LOVE pumpkin pie. more than birthday cake. :) The day was everything I dreamed of and more! I'm so blessed.

Shay and I
Ruby Mae, Me, Max, and Whit

















Also... since i'm updating my life....
here's a little video we took. we're trying to document our lives a little better.
Aside from long school days and no dates... we're trying to be fun:)

We're not good at softball... but we have fun doing it!! and its a good way to meet new people. I'm so grateful for BYU-I and the spirit I feel there. Life is good and as much as I complain... I'm happy doing what I'm doing:)
Thanks for reading!
Sincerely,
From me, to you

1 comment: