Sunday, September 16, 2012

welcome to year three

Yes, I have officially started my third year of college.
There's not much to say except for....
I'm very grateful to only be 30 minutes away from my family. Sometimes I get embarrassed when I tell people I'm from Idaho Falls- like, "Yeah I haven't really grown up and moved on 'cuz my parents live in the next town over!" But the truth is that I have seen so many blessing come from it. And I wouldn't trade these memories for anything.

Annie Laine and Grandpa
This is one of the many....


















My nephew,s Conner and Max, had a flag football game on Saturday! They are all-stars! I was so proud of them. Conner is a natural athlete and has a deep passion for the game (and sometimes looks a little too much like the guys on sports center). Max on the other hand is still getting used to the idea of playing sports with Conner...he is one patient kid. (But never hesitates to give us a thumbs-up at the end of a good play). I'm so glad I was able to cheer them on and see their cute little freckle-face grins when they looked to the side lines and saw their fan club! I couldn't be more thankful for these memories!




The other day Shay and I took a trip to the shoe store. Shay said she NEEDED shoes really bad. I didn't realize that this is what "really bad" meant:)
She really bought 5 pairs (the 6th is mine
Oh... and we won a Frisbee...Thanks for the killer deals Shoe Carnival!!


















Spud Day:
Did you know there was such a thing??
Here in Idaho we are proud of what we are known for... Potatoes:) Spud day is in Shelley (where my blood runs deep through the streets) Both of my parents grew up there and can I just say I love it there??
This year my cousin won her school beauty pageant and we now refer to her as 'Miss Russet' little did we know that she had such a big part in the spud day celebration! she performed her dance routine, strutted her stuff (crown, sash, and all) and even tasted the potatoes from the spud tug pit. Yep... the spud tug pit. Then the Coop Troop signed up for the spud tug and gave Rachel the opportunity to be in the front. Here's a little taste of the excitement we experienced :)

even the missionaries participated!
this is how they mix and fill the pit:)


                                                                   Happy Spud Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm so jealous Shoe Carnival got to see you ladies!! Did you guys answer a trivia question or play a game??!
    I want to see these shoes you got the next time we skype!
    Loved this post by the way (:

    ReplyDelete