Sunday, September 2, 2012

[useful] junk sold here...

Garage Sale Anyone?
Since I've done a terrible job at updating my blog as exciting events happen... this may seem a little out dated. sorry:)
But a couple weekends ago I participated in my very first garage sale!! woo woo:) I had two friends who were putting the event together at her house in Rigby, ID and I couldn't pass up a great opportunity to get rid of some old junk. After going through all the work of planning, advertising, cleaning, boxing, packing, taping, pricing, driving, loading, and selling... I made $125! For sitting on Kylie's porch for four hours letting people buy things I didn't need anymore- I'd say that was a pretty good trade! :) you know what they say... one man's woman's junk is another man's woman's treasure!



In my opinion the best part about this business is spending time with my buddies. ShayNiel and I made signs and hung them around the little town of Rigby... and I mean little:) we weren't complaining though, since we were able to cover every business on state street with our bright pink fliers! We talked and laughed, we sang songs and ate peaches... we decided this is something that SHOULD be done every summer. It helped us organize our stuff as well as throw out our useless clothes and decorations! And now we can use the $$ towards our education!! :) or maybe towards books... or A book... or a page of a book. college is gettin' a little spendy these days.
today, enjoy the last FEW days of summer.
from me, to you

No comments:

Post a Comment